-- Do Ahead
Chicken Meat (1)
Aji Amarillo paste (4)
Evaporated Milk (5)
The Boiled Eggs
Olives, Black (6)
Do Ahead - (45 - 15 min work)
Prep - (25 min)
- Place CHICKEN in 3 cups Water with Bay Leaf
and Parsley. Bring to a boil and turn down to a simmer for
30 minutes. See also Note-7.
- Remove Chicken from the broth and set aside to cool. Shred
Chicken when cool.
- Strain the broth, discarding solids. Defat using your gravy separator.
You will need 2 cups.
- Boil POTATOES until just done through.
- Hard cook EGGS. See our recipe
Boiling Eggs for best
Run - (30 min)
- Slice BREAD and place in a bowl. Pour in 1 cup of the
Broth. Let soak about 10 minutes, then run in a blender
or food processor until smooth.
- Chop ONIONS fine.
- Crush GARLIC and chop fine.
- Chop PECANS fine. Measure is after chopping.
- Grate PARMESAN. Measure is after grating.
- Chop PARSLEY small for Garnish.
Serving - (20 min)
- Heat Olive Oil and fry Onion until Onions are
translucent. Stir in Garlic and fry stirring until it
threatens to color. Stir in Aji Amarillo Paste and dried
Oregano. Cook stirring 3 minutes more.
- Stir in Bread mix and 1 c Broth. Bring to a boil
stirring, then turn to a simmer and stir until it starts to
- Stir in Chicken, Pecans and Cheese. Season
with Salt and Pepper.
- Stir in Evaporated Milk. If it seems too thick, thin with
some more Broth. Take off the heat.
- Slice Potatoes about 1/4 inch thick.
- Arrange Potato Slices and Pour Sauce over them.
Sprinkle with Parsley.
- Cut Eggs into wedges. Garnish with the Eggs and
- Serve hot with plenty of steamed long grain rice.