Lemon Peel strip
Fish Stock (4)
Wine, dry white
Olive Oil, ExtV
Prep - (45 min)
Assembly - (5 min - can be done a few hours
- Prepare FISH as needed and cut into largish bite size chunks.
- Peel POTATOES and slice 1/4 inch thick. Leave whole if
very small, or cut into pieces if larger (smaller pieces for
buffet than for family dinner). Hold in cold water until needed.
- Scald TOMATOES (if used) 1 minute in boiling water. Quench
in cold water, peel skins and and chop coarse. Quarter ONIONS
lengthwise and slice thin crosswise. Crush GARLIC and chop
fine. Mix all.
- Squeeze LEMON JUICE.
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel off a few strips of
LEMON PEEL (yellow only) about 1-1/2 inch long by 1/2 inch
- Chop CILANTRO small. Mix with dried Oregano.
Run   - (25 minutes)
- In a heavy bottomed, tightly coverable pot of sufficient size
(5 quarts for a whole recipe, 2-1/2 quarts for a half recipe)
place a layer of Potato Slices, just enough to cover the
bottom, then arrange the Fish over them.
- Mix the rest of the Potatoes into the Tomato mix
along with Lemon Peel and Bay Leaf. Spread this
mixture over the Fish.
- Mix together Stock, Wine, Salt and
Pepper. Pour this mixture over the top.
- Sprinkle Cilantro mix evenly over everything, then drizzle
on the Olive Oil.
- Bring to a boil. Immediately turn down the heat, cover tightly and
simmer slowly until the Potatoes are done, about 20 minutes.
- Check seasoning. Stir in Lemon Juice and take off the heat
- Serve hot with Thai Jasmine Rice.