Prep - (15 min)
Run - (1 hour)
- Peel POTATOES and dice about 1/4 inch. Hold in cold water
- Float wash NETTLES like you would spinach. Wear rubber gloves
if your skin is tender. Discard tough stems
(those turning reddish), drain well and chop medium.
- Trim LEEKS down to the white, yellow and light green. Cut in
half lengthwise from just below the root to the top. Spread the leaves
and rinse well. Start at the top end slice them thin crosswise right
down to the root end (see
- Peel ONION, slice and chop small. Add to leeks.
- Heat Butter in a heavy bottomed sauce pan and fry
Leek mix, Salt and Pepper over very moderate
heat, stirring often until soft but not at all browned.
- Drain Potatoes and stir in
- Stir in Stock. Bring to a boil and simmer
until potatoes are quite tender, about 45 minutes.
- Separate out 3/4 c of Potatoes and set aside for texture.
- Stir in Nettles, bring back to a boil and simmer about 2
- Run in a food processor until purée is quite smooth.
- Pour puré and reserved potatoes back into the pot. Bring
back to a boil. Add water or stock if needed for consistency.
- Turn off heat and stir in Cream. Check seasoning and serve