Szechwan veg. (1)
Ginger Root (2)
Chili Paste (3)
Dried Noodles (4)
Prep - (20 min)
Run - (10 min)
- Slice SZECHUAN VEG thin and cut to desired size. Soak in
water for about 15 minutes to remove excess salt.
- Crush GARLIC and chop small. Slice GINGER very thin
and cut slices into thin matchsticks. Mix both with Szechuan
- Plunge TOMATOES into boiling water for 1 minute and peel. Cut
into 3/4 inch chunks (the pattern recipe did not peel them). Do not
reuse the water for the pasta due to wax from the tomatoes.
- Bring salted pasta water to a boil.
- In a wok or spacious sauté pan heat Oil and fry
Szechuan Veg mix, stirring until garlic is lightly colored,
then stir in Chili Paste and fry stirring for about 30
- Stir in Tomatoes. Fry, stirring for about 1 minute, then
stir in Soy Sauce, turn heat low and fry stirring now and then
until Tomatoes are soft but not mushy.
- Meanwhile: Cook Pasta the usual way.
- When pasta is nearly done, spread vegetables evenly in the pan.
Break the Egg over the top, tilting the pan so the whites
spread out over the vegetables, then cover and cook over low heat
until egg is mostly solidified, then toss gently to break it up into
the vegetables. The whites should be in large shards, not broken into
- Drain Pasta and divide onto serving plates (use tongs).
Spoon sauce over, drizzle on just a little Sesame Oil and