Noodles, fresh (1)
Chicken meat (2)
Prep - (35 min - 25 min work)
Run - (15 min)
- Soak MUSHROOMS 30 minutes in warm water. Stem and shred.
- Bring plenty of Water to a rolling boil over high flame,
sprinkle NOODLES into the water and stir well to separate
strands. When the water comes back to a boil, turn the heat down a
bit and let it boil for another 4 minutes. Strain out the noodles
and rinse them well with cold water so they don't stick (Chinese way)
or tumble them with a few drops of oil (my way). Drain and set aside.
- Shred BAMBOO SHOOTS and mix with Mushrooms.
- If using raw CHICKEN cut into slivers and parboil 2 minutes.
Drain and set aside. If cooked, just tear it into shreds (see
- Shred HAM and add to Chicken.
- Heat Oil in a heavy bottomed pot and stir in
Mushroom mix. Fry stirring for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in Soy Sauce and Rice Wine, then Stock
and Salt. Bring to a boil and simmer 2 minutes.
- Stir in Chicken mix, bring back to a boil and simmer 5 minutes
(less if using cooked chicken).
- Stir in Noodles and simmer until done - 2 to 5 minutes depending
on the noodles.
- Serve hot with both spoons and chopsticks (for handling the noodles).
Use tongs to transfer noodles to individual bowls, then a ladle for