Smoked Ribs (1)
- Preheat the oven to 475°F/245°C.
- Score PORK RIBS skin side diagonally in both directions just
through the skin. You need a very sharp knife for this because the skin
- Rub Olive Oil onto the skin side.
- Set the Pork Ribs skin side up on a roasting rack placed in a
roasting pan. Slide into the oven and roast for about 10 minutes to
start the skin crisping.
- Turn the heat down to 300°F/150°C. Carefully pour 1 or 2 cups
of water into the pan (depending on pan size). Continue to roast for
another 1-1/2 hours. By this time much of fat will be rendered out and
the meat should be reasonably tender.
- Slice, cut slices into strips and serve. You'll have to slice along
the score lines because the crispy skin is too hard to cut through
without breaking up the rest. This recipe is best served warm, but
it's still plenty good at a warm room temperature.