Pork, lean only
Chili Powder (1)
- Cube your PORK into bite-size pieces.
- Quarter ONION lengthwise, then slice thin crosswise.
- Peel the SHALLOTS and slice thin. (don't mix with onions)
- Crush GARLIC, slice thin and chop fine. Slice GINGER thin
and chop fine. Pound in a mortar or otherwise reduce to a paste. Mix in
- Grind the Coriander and Pepper. Mix with Yogurt,
Salt and 2 T Water.
- Heat 1 T Oil in a large sauté pan and add the
Cardamom Pods. Fry stirring until fragrent (do not burn), then
add Onion slices and fry stirring until showing just a little
color. Remove onion and set aside leaving oil in the pan.
- Add 1 T more Oil and Pork. Fry on high heat until pork
is lightly browned, then remove from heat. Remove pork and set aside
leaving oil in pan.
- You can start your rice at this point.
- Stir in the Chili Powder, then the Shallot Mix and return
to moderate heat. Fry stirring until shallots start to color or bottom
of pan threatens to get too dark.
- Stir in Pork and Yogurt Mix, coat evenly, cover and
simmer slowly about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the Onions, check salt and liquid to taste and simmer
another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with plenty of steamed basmatti rice.