- Cut Pork Spare Ribs into bite size pieces. I use the parts that
are meat only or contain white cartilage (which will become soft enough
to ear) but some bones are OK. Use a Chinese cleaver knife and chop
through bones in a single stroke to prevent splinters.
- Put Pork into a pot with plenty of water and bring to a boil.
for a minute. Pour out through a strainer and rinse pork - this is to
keep the soup fairly clear.
- Clean the pot and put Pork back in with Water and
Stock. Bring to a boil and simmer slowly until tender, about
- Peel NAGAIMO and cut into 3/4 inch cubes.
- Chop SCALLIONS for garnish.
- When pork is done, add Nagaimo and Salt. Add extra
water if needed to almost cover. Bring back to a simmer for another
- Check salt. Serve hot in individual bowls garnished with a generous
spoonful of chopped Scallions.
- Stock: Pork stock is preferable, but Chicken or
beef could be used.
- U.S. measure: t=teaspoon,
T=Tablespoon, c=cup, qt=quart, oz=ounce,
#=pound, cl=clove in=inch