Chicken Meat (1)
Sesame Salt (2)
Black Mushroom (3)
Bell Pepper, red
Sesame Oil, dark
Egg Strips (4)
Prep - (1 hr - 40 min work)
Run - (15 min)
- Slice CHICKEN thin and into strips up to 1/2 inch wide.
- Make Marinade: Chop SCALLIONS fine. Slice GINGER
crosswise very thin, then into narrow threads, and cut the threads
crosswise into very tiny pieces. Make the SESAME PASTE if you
don't have it. Mix together all Marinade items.
- Massage Marinade into Chicken and let stand for at
least 30 minutes.
- Soak MUSHROOMS in hot water for at least 30 minutes, then
drain, remove stems and slice caps into strips about 1/4 inch wide.
- Scrape CARROT and slice thin diagonally.
- Core BELL PEPPER and cut into strips about 1/4 inch wide
and about 1-1/2 inches long.
- Make EGG STRIPS for garnish.
- Remove Chicken from marinade, reserving the marinade.
- In a spacious sauté pan or wok, heat Sesame Oil
over moderate flame and fry Chicken, stirring until all raw
color is gone, about 3 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside,
leaving as much oil in the pan as possible.
- Add Carrots and Mushrooms to the pan and fry stirring
for about 2 minutes. Stir in Bell Pepper and fry stirring
1 minute more.
- Return Chicken to the pan along with reserved
Marinade. Bring to boiling, turn down heat a bit and cook
stirring for another 1 minute.
- Serve hot, garnished with Egg Strips and with plenty of
medium grain Rice. My favorite is Kokuho Rose from California.