Sesame Oil dark
Soy Sauce (3)
Toasted Sesame (4)
Prep - (30 min - 12 min work)
Run - (25 min)
- Soak WAKAME in cool water for at least 25 minutes. Wring
it out and set the lump on your cutting board. Make a bunch of cuts
through the lump in one direction, then a bunch more at right angles,
to cut the seaweed into pieces small enough to deal with in soup.
- Slice BEEF thin and cut into very narrow strips 1 to 1-1/2
- Prepare STOCK if you don't have it on hand.
- Slice SCALLIONS crosswise very thin.
- Crush GARLIC and chop fine.
- Into a large sauce pan, pour stock. Bring to a boil, stir in
Scallions and set to a slow simmer.
- In skillet, heat Sesame Oil and stir in Beef
and Garlic. Fry stirring over moderate heat (so as not to
damage the Sesame Oil) until Beef has completely lost its raw
color and all exuded liquid has evaporated.
- Stir Beef and Wakame into the Stock. Stir in
Soy Sauce and bring to a simmer for a minute or so.
- Serve hot in individual bowls, garnished with a sprinkle of
Toasted Sesame. Accompany with plenty of steamed rice