Goat Meat (1)
Chili Habanero (2)
Curry Powder (3)
PREP - (14 hrs or more, 30 min work)
RUN - (3-3/4 hrs)
- Debone GOAT and remove excess fat. Cut into 1 inch cubes
(See Note-1). Wash goat cubes in Vinegar
mixed with Water to cover. Drain and rinse.
- Chop ONIONS fine. Crush GARLIC and chop fine. Chop
Chili fine. Mix.
- Mix all Marinade items and massage into Goat very
thoroughly. Seal in a plastic bag with the air squeezed out and
refrigerate overnight - or at least all day if you start in the
- Chop Scallions medium.
- Scrape as much marinade off the Goat as you can. Reserve
all of it. This is a bit tedious and some recipes skip it.
- In a spacious sauté pan or similar heavy bottomed coverable
vessel heat Oil and fry Goat until all exuded liquid has
evaporated and it is lightly browned on all sides. Be careful not to
let the fond stuck to the pan burn.
- Stir in Scallions, reserved Marinade and another
1 T Curry Powder (or more if desired), then Water.
Bring to a boil, cover tightly and simmer until Goat is tender.
Depending on your goat this will be at least 2-3/4 hours and more
likely 3-1/2 hours.
- Now and then, check water, and tumble goat. When goat is nearly
tender taste for seasoning and adjust if needed (more curry powder,
chili, salt or whatever it needs).
- If needed, finish cooking uncovered so the sauce isn't too thin.
Also see Options in Note-4.
- Serve with steamed white rice, fried plantains or whatever you like.