Mung Bean Noodles (1)
Long Beans (2)
Sesame Oil, dark
Calamansi Juice (4)
-- Serve With
Lemon Wedges (5)
Prep - (30 min)
Run - (30 min)
- Place NOODLES in a heat proof bowl. Pour Boiling Water
over to cover. Soak for 5 minutes, then drain. Spread them out on
your cutting board and make several cuts through them at right
angles so they are of manageable length.
- Quarter ONION lengthwise and slice thin crosswise. Crush
GARLIC and chop small. Mix.
- Peel CARROTS and slice diagonally into chunks about 1/2
inch thick. Cut CELERY similarly to the Carrots. Cut
BEANS diagonally into 1-1/2 inch lengths. Mix all.
- Cut a wedge of CABBAGE and shred medium.
- Heat Oil in a wok or spacious sauté pan. Stir in
Onion mix and fry stirring just until Onion begins to soften.
- Stir in Carrot mix and fry stirring 4 minutes.
- Stir in Cabbage and fry stirring until the vegetables are
crisp tender - do not overcook. Remove and set aside.
- Add Stock and Soy Sauce to the empty pan. Bring
to a boil and stir in the Noodles Cook, tossing occasionally,
for until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Return the Vegetables. Season with Salt,
Pepper and Sesame Oil. Toss until well distributed.
Sprinkle Calamansi Juice over and toss a little more.
- Serve warm as a side dish - or cool as a salad. Accompany with