Green Papaya (2)
Chili Leaves (3)
Fish Sauce (5)
Prep - (25 min)
Run - (45 min)
- Cut CHICKEN into pieces about 1-1/2 inch to a side. If
using whole chicken parts (legs, thighs, wings) chop each part in
- Peel PAPAYA, cut in half lengthwise and scoop out white
seeds. Cut into cubes 3/4 inch on a side.
- Cut ONION in half lengthwise and slice fairly thin crosswise.
Crush GARLIC and slice thin. Slice GINGER ROOT thin,
then cut into narrow matchsticks. Mix all.
- Remove CHILI LEAVES from stems, or thaw if using frozen.
- Heat Oil in a spacious sauté pan or Dutch oven and fry
Onion Mix stirring for about 1 minute. Stir in Chicken
and fry stirring until you get light browning on the bottom of the
- Stir in Water, Fish Sauce and Salt. Cover, turn
heat low and simmer until chicken is tender, about 20 minutes for
boneless pieces, 30 minutes for bone-in joints.
- Stir in Papaya, bring back to a boil and simmer for 10
- Stir in Chili Leaves, bring back to a boil and simmer another
3 minutes for fresh leaves, 1 minute for frozen.