Fish fillets (1)
Red Chilis (2)
Fish Sauce (3)
Prep - (20 min)
Run - (20 min)
- Cut FISH FILLETS into pieces roughly 2 inches on a side.
- Quarter ONION lengthwise and slice thin crosswise.
- Dry roast CUMIN SEEDS until fragrent. Grind fine and mix with
- Crush GARLIC and chop fine. Slice GINGER thin and
chop fine. Pound them together to a paste in a big stone mortar (or run
in a mini food processor - add a little water if you need to).
- Seed CHILIS and cut diagonally into narrow strips.
- In a sauté pan heat Oil over medium heat and stir fry
Onion until light golden, then stir in Turmeric mix.
Fry stirring for 30 seconds - careful turmeric burns easily.
- Stir in Garlic Mix and fry stirring until any liquid is
evaporated and it becomes aromatic.
- Stir in Coconut Milk and Fish Sauce. Simmer until it
has a very light sauce consistency.
- Stir in Fish Sauce, then Fish. Spoon sauce over and
simmer until it just starts to flake, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in Chili strips and take off heat.
- Serve garnished with Cilantro Leaves, accompanied with
Lime Wedges and plenty of Jasmine rice.