Eggplant, Thai (2)
Kaffir Lime leaves (3)
Chili red (3)
Thai Basil leaves
Green Curry Paste
Prep - (20 min)
Run - (30 min)
- Shell SHRIMP and de-vein them. If large, cut in half crosswise.
- Cut EGGPLANTS lengthwise into 6 wedges (if Thai eggplants
- see Note-2 for options). Keep eggplants in cold
water acidulated with some Citric Acid or Lemon Juice until needed.
- Roll up LIME LEAVES tightly and slice into fine threads. Chop
the threads into smaller lengths.
- Slice CHILIS into thin strips.
- Remove BASIL LEAVES from stems and start soaking in cold water
(this is so they stay green longer in the curry).
- In a wok or spacious sauté pan heat Oil over moderate
heat and stir in Curry Paste until it is well distributed and
aromatic, but no browining.
- Stir in Coconut Milk, Lime Leaf, Fish Sauce and
Salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Stir in Eggplant and continue to simmer until just tender but
not mushy, about 12 minutes for Thai eggplants, a bit less for
others. See also Note-6.
- Stir in the Shrimp and bring them quickly to a simmer. Don't
overcook - just long enough to be pink and opaque.
- When ready to serve, stir in Red Chili for just a minute, then
stir in Basil Leaves. Serve immediately with plenty of steamed
Jasmine rice or with Asian noodles nested in a bowl.