Red Chili (3)
Oyster Sauce (4)
Fish sauce (5)
Prep - (35 min - exclusive of shelling shrimp)
Run - (10 min)
- Shell SHRIMP and de-vein if needed. Cut in half if very
- Slice the MUSHROOMS 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick (see
Note-1 for details of preparation).
- Crush GARLIC and chop fine.
- Seed CHILIS and slice into threads or thin rings.
- Break tough ends off ASPARAGUS. Cut spears into thirds,
keeping the tip, middle and end pieces separate. If you want to be
fancy, cut on a diagonal.
- Bring some water to a boil, toss in the thick ends of the
Asparagus and boil for 1-1/2 minutes, then the middle sections
for another 1 minute. Finally toss in the tips and continue at a
strong simmer until just tender, about 4 more minutes. When tender,
pour in enough cold water to stop the cooking but keep the
- Mix all Sauce Items.
- Heat OIL in a wok or spacious sauté pan and fry
Garlic just until aromatic, then stir in Mushrooms
and fry stirring about 1 minute.
- Stir in Sauce mix and bring to a boil. Keep at a simmer,
stirring now and then, until Mushrooms are cooked, which will
depend on type and thickness.
- Stir in Shrimp and Chilis. Cook stirring until
shrimp are cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Drain Asparagus, stir it in and cook just long enough to
heat through. Serve immediately with steamed Jasmine rice.