Fish Sauce (3)
Prep - (20 min)
Run - (55 min)
- Slice PORK fairly thin and into pieces roughly 1 inch on
a side, or as desired.
- Scald TOMATOES one minute in boiling water. Quench in cold
water, peel and and cut into 3/4 inch dice.
- Peel CHAYOTE. Cut into quarters lengthwise (or 6ths if
large) and slice about 1/4 inch thick.
- Quarter ONION lengthwise and slice thin crosswise.
- Crush GARLIC and chop small.
- In a wok or spacious sauté pan, heat Oil over fairly
high heat. Stir in Onion and fry stirring until Onion is
- Stir in Pork and Garlic. Fry stirring until Pork has
completely lost its raw color.
- Stir in Tomatoes and fry stirring until softened and their
liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in Stock and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer about 5
- Stir in Chayote, bring back to a boil and continue to
simmer covered until Pork and Chayote are tender (about 25 minutes).
- Season with Fish Sauce, Salt and Pepper.
Adjust liquid if necessary, for serving with rice it should have
a fair amount of liquid.
- Serve hot with steamed Jasmine rice.