-- Vegie mix
Taro Root (4)
Long Beans (5)
Daikon Radish (6)
Fish Sauce (7)
Prep - (1 hr)
Run - (1 hr)
- Trim PORK of any excess fat and cut into 3/4 to 1 inch
- Prepare TAMARIND as needed (see
- Scald TOMATOES 1 minute in boiling water, quench in cold
water, peel and cut into about 3/4 inch cubes.
- Quarter ONION lengthwise and slice thin crosswise.
- Prepare GREENS as appropriate, keeping stems separate if
they will take much longer to cook than the leafy part.
- Peel TARO ROOTS and cut into about 3/4 inch chunks.
- Cut LONG BEANS into about 2 inch lengths. Add to Taro.
- Slice DAIKON 1/2 inch thick and cut into chunks similar
to the other ingredients. Add to Taro.
- Split CHILI lengthwise. Add to Taro.
- Place Pork in a 3 quart sauce pan with water to cover well.
Bring to a boil for 1 minute, then pour out into a clean sink. Rinse
away all crud and return to the cleaned pan.
- Add 6 cups Water to the pan and bring to a boil. Stir in
Onion, Tomatoes, Tamarind and Salt. Bring to
a boil, then simmer covered until the pork is nearly tender, about
- If your pork has produced too much fat, strain out the solids and
remove the fat using your gravy separator. Return liquid and solids
to the pan.
- Stir in Taro Root mix. Bring up to a simmer, cover and
simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in Stems (if separate from the greens). Bring back
to a boil and simmer about 3 minutes.
- Stir in Leaves and Fish Sauce. Bring back to a
boil and simmer another 3 minutes or until tender.
- Serve hot accompanie by steamed Jasmine rice - see