Anchovy filets (2)
Pine Nuts (3)
Prep (15 min)
Run (30 min)
- Set RAISINS soaking in warm water - they'll need at least 1/2
- Cut BROCCOLI appropriately. If using a stemmy variety keep
stems and florets separate.
- Slice ONIONS about 1/8 inch thick and chop fairly small.
- Chop ANCHOVY FILETS small.
- Soak SAFFRON in 1 T water.
- Steam Broccoli Florets until barely tender, about 5 minutes.
- Bring plenty of salted water to a boil and cook Pasta the
usual way - but only until slightly undercooked. Drain,
keeping 1-1/2 cups of the water. Tumble pasta with a few drops
of oil to prevent sticking and set aside.
- Heat Olive Oil and fry Onions stirring until light
golden, then stir in Anchovy Fillets and fry stirring another
- Stir in Tomato Paste and Pasta Water. Drain
Raisins and stir in along with Pine Nuts. Bring to a
boil, cover and simmer over low heat for a few minutes.
- Stir in Saffron then Pasta.
Simmer for a few minutes until pasta is fully cooked.
- Stir in Broccoli, cover and simmer a couple minutes until
- Serve hot, as is or with a sprinkling of gratings of soft Romano