Pine Nuts (2)
Olive Oil, ExtV
Prep (30 min - 25 min work)
Run (25 min)
- Set RAISINS soaking in warm water - they'll need at least 1/2
- Cut BROCCOLI into smallish florets. If you wish to use tender
parts of stems (from about where the branches start on up) they can
be cut into lengthwise slivers.
- Steam Broccoli Florets until just tender, about 6 minutes.
- Peel TOMATOES, slice about 1/4 inch thick and cut slices into
- Crush GARLIC and chop fine.
- Chop soaked Raisins and PINE NUTS, medium. Mix.
- Chop PARSLEY for garnish.
- Heat Olive Oil and fry Garlic until it is a light golden
color, then stir in Tomatoes. Simmer 15 minutes, stirring now
- Stir in Raisin mix and simmer another 5 minutes, covered or
uncovered as needed to achieve a light sauce consistency.
- Bring plenty of salted water to a boil and cook Pasta the usual
way - but when it's just a minute from al dente stir in the
Broccoli to reheat. Drain.
- Use tongs to load plates with Pasta, distributing Broccoli
with it. Spoon Sauce over it, garnish with Parsley and
serve (see Note-4).