Olive Oil, ExtV
Prep - (18 min)
RUN - (35 min)
- Float wash the KALE and cut away the stems. Folding the two
sides against each other makes this easy. Then cut it crosswise into
strips 1/2 inch wide or narrower.
- Peel POTATOES and cut into 1/2 inch dice. Hold in cold water
- Crush GARLIC and chop small.
- In a heavy bottomed pot bring about 4 quarts of Water to a
boil and add about 2 T of Salt. Add the Kale and
Potatoes and let it cook at a slow boil for about 15 minutes
for Tuscan Kale. For Curly Kale give the kale an extra 5 minutes
head start before adding potatoes for 15 minutes.
- Add Pasta and cook until pasta is still well underdone.
It should no longer crunch when chewed but still be quite stiff.
- Reserve 2 cups of the Pasta Water while draining the
- Wash out the pot. Heat Olive Oil and fry Garlic
until it starts to sizzle, then stir in the Pasta mix until
coated with oil, then 1 c reserved Pasta Water. Cook over
moderately high heat stirring frequently to break up Potatoes and
Kale. Add more pasta cooking water as needed. Do not overcook.
- Season to taste with Salt and Pepper and serve
hot. Pass Grated Cheese for garnish.