Olive Oil ExtV
Chili, dried (3)
Prep - (18 min)
Run - (40 min or less, depending)
- Trim MUSHROOM stems fairly short. Slice vertically about
1/8 inch thick.
- Cut BACON into small strips.
- Slice GARLIC until split open.
- Scald TOMATOES in boiling water 1 minute, chill in cold
water and peel. Chop small.
- Strip BASIL LEAVES from stems.
- Crush CHILI.
- Grate CHEESE for garnish.
- In a skillet, heat Olive Oil and Butter. Fry
Bacon gently until it is crisp. Remove from the Oil and
- Fry Garlic in the oil until medium browned. Remove and
- Stir in Mushrooms and fry gently until they have given up
most of their water but not shriveled. Return Bacon to the
skillet. Fry another 2 minutes, then take off heat.
- In a sauce pan, simmer Tomatoes, along with Chili and
Basil for about 15 minutes stirring often.
- Stir Mushroom mix into the Tomatoes and simmer tightly
covered another 5 minutes or so. If needed, simmer more uncovered to
adjust to a sauce consistency, but don't take it to dry or you'll
lose the fresh taste of the tomatoes.
- Season to taste with Salt and keep hot.
- Bring plenty of salted water to a boil and cook Pasta the
usual way until al dente.
- Serve hot with Pasta, with Parmesan on the side