Chili, green (3)
Prep - (20 min)
Run - (2 hrs)
- Remove excess fat from BEEF and cut into 3/4 inch cubes.
- Cut MUSHROOMS into strips about 3/8 inch wide.
- Chop ONION medium.
- Crush GARLIC and chop fine. Slice GINGER thin and
chop fine, Mix.
- Cap CHILI and split in half lengthwise. Strip out seeds or
not depending on your preference and cut into narrow lengthwise
- In a sauté pan or wok melt Butter over moderate heat
and fry Onion until translucent. Stir in Beef and
fry stirring until all raw color is gone.
- Stir in Water, cover and simmer slowly until beef is tender,
about 1-1/2 hours for chuck, a bit more for round. Stir now and then
and check that it doesn't run out of water.
- Stir in Chilis, Garlic mix, Mushrooms and
Pepper. See that there's enough liquid, cover and simmer until
mushrooms are done, about 10 minutes.
- Adjust liquid to your preference and serve hot with plenty of