Dried Pork (2)
Bok Choy (3)
Chili, green (5)
Chili Powder (6)
- Remove excess fat from PORK and cut into pieces 1/2 inch by
1/2 inch and as long as practical for your cut.
- Cut DRIED PORK into strips 1/2 inch wide and about 1/8 inch
thick by whatever length works.
- Wash BOK CHOY and separate leaves from stems. Cut leaves into
1/2 inch strips and stems diagonally about 3/8 inch wide, discarding
pieces that are overly thick. Keep leaves and stems separate.
- Chop ONION medium.
- Peel DAIKON and slice a little less than 1/4 inch thick. If
slices are large, cut them in half.
- Slice GINGER very thin and chop fine,
- Cap CHILI, split in half lengthwise and cut into narrow
strips. Scrape out seeds or not depending on your preference.
- In a wok or spacious sauté pan melt Butter over moderate
heat and fry Onion until translucent. Stir in Pork and
fry stirring until all raw color is gone and any exuded liquid has
- Stir in Water, Daikon, Chili Powder and Salt.
Bring to a boil and simmer covered until the pork is just tender - an
hour to an hour and a half depending on your cut of pork. Check now
and then to make sure you don't run out of water.
- Stir in Bok Choy Stems, bring back to a simmer and cook for
about 2 minutes. Stir in the Bok Choy Leaves and simmer for
another 2 minutes.
- Stir in Chili, Ginger and Dried Pork. See that
there's enough liquid, cover and simmer for another 6 minutes.
- Adjust liquid to your preference and serve hot with plenty of