Pork, lean (1)
Chili Bean Paste (3)
Rice Wine (5)
Prep - (20 min)
RUN - (1-1/2 hrs)
- Cut PORK into about 1-1/2 inch chunks. Place in a saucepan
with water to cover and bring to a boil for 1 minute. Pour out into
a clean sink, discarding water. Rinse thoroughly and drain.
- Peel POTATOES and cut into pieces similar to the pork.
Hold in cold water until needed.
- Cut the White parts from the Scallions and whack them with
the side of your prep knife to lightly crush them. Cut the Green
parts into 1-1/2 inch lengths and keep them separate from the Whites.
- Slice GINGER thin and mix with the White parts of the
- In a 3 quart saucepan or sauté pan, heat Oil over
moderate heat. Stir in Chili Bean Paste until aromatic,
then stir in the Ginger mix until aromatic. Stir in the
Pork, Stock and Rice Wine. Bring to a boil,
then simmer covered about 1 hour until the Pork is tender.
- Drain the Potatoes and stir in with the Pork. Bring
back to a boil and simmer covered until the Potatoes are fully
cooked, about 25 minutes. Check seasoning - you probably will
have enough salt from the Chili Bean Paste.
- Serve hot, garnished with the Scallion Greens.